By: Nalin Jayetileke
At some point in life, one is certain to realize that true happiness does not come from the material things in life. Whether you fly economy class, business class or any other, if the air craft goes down, you go down with it. Therefore, one must be mindful that meeting people whom you like to be your friends, family, work mates or sometimes even strangers whose company you enjoy, those whom you laugh with, sing with, pass jokes at each other with, share sickness and happiness with, chat with, it is always important to understand that this is where true happiness comes from.
The 5 points highlighted below could be described as the underlining facts of life, which a person should see if He/ She could arrange themselves around.
- Don’t educate your children to be rich, educate them to be happy so that when they grow up they will know the value of things and not the price. It is often said that “education is not to earn a living but to live”.
- Treat your food just as you treat your medicine or else you will have to take medicine as your food.
- The ones who love you will never leave you for another because, even if there are 100 reasons to give up, he or she will find 100 reasons to hold on, if they really do love you.
- There is a big difference between Human beings and being Human. Only a few would really understand this. One must thrive to be included in the handful to be humane.
- You are loved when you are born; you will be loved after your death as well but in between this time is what you need to manage, thoughtfully.
If you want to walk fast, you are going to be most probably walking alone, but if you want to walk far, walk together!
You get different Doctors in the world. Nature too has gifted a few things that could be identified as best medicines any doctor can prescribe to ensure a healthy and a happy life as follows:
- Attitude and Self-confidence.
- Good friends
It is good to try and understand this about life and always be mindful of them. Start living a happy and a healthy life! As Lord Buddha had once said ‘everything about you and around you is temporary’. It is more than important that we make the maximum of what is available to us to be happy as no one can predict the next moment. Especially when a deadly pandemic has wreaked havoc all around us and continues to cause issues in the entire world, a state of mind that understands the practicality of life can be happy all the time, living in the present moment. Practicing to acknowledge, forgive and let go are three main aspects that helps one to embrace living in the present moment. These are important attributes that can be emulated to one’s personal experiences whenever one goes through a positive or a negative experience ( AFL – It’s not Australian Foot Ball League but Acknowledge , Forgive and Let go)
Whenever one is pushed to the wall, unable to see anything beyond your crisis it would help one to remember AFL which stands for Acknowledge, Forgive and Let go.