Sri Lanka Cricket in a media release has stated that In the matter of Disciplinary Action against Cricketers Mr. Danushka Gunathilaka, Mr. Kusal Mendis and Mr. Niroshan Dickwella, Consequent to the recommendations made by the Independent Panel of Inquiry appointed by Sri Lanka Cricket, Under allegations of;
1. Breaching Covid-19 safety guidelines, instructions & regulations of the team Management and by the said act putting into jeopardy the safety of said players, fellow team members and others involved in the said tour, and;
2. Violating the instructions & regulations of the team Management with regard to the team curfew by failing to be at the hotel room by 10.30 p.m.,
- By such actions, bringing disrepute to Sri Lanka Cricket and the Country
The Executive Committee of Sri Lanka Cricket at its meeting held today(30/07/2021) has given due consideration to the recommendations of the Panel of Inquiry, and in further consideration of the impact to the individual players, and their contribution to the national team, have decided unanimously to impose the following punitary measures on the said three players:
1. A fine of Sri Lanka Rupees 10 Million for each player.
2. A One year Ban from all forms of International Cricket and a Six months ban from Domestic Cricket.
3. Upon completion of the said one year Ban, each player will be subjected to a further ban of one year from playing international Cricket which will be suspended for a period of two years.
- Mandatory Counselling under a Doctor recommended by the SLC.